Nowadays, the use of computers for work as well as for personal needs is becoming more and more common. Along with that is the appearance of software to support users in their primary task. Typically, users need additional tools because their primary operations have some processing difficulties. One of the problems is the need to save the screenshot on PC. They need such Screen Capture Software because they want to forward their work to others, ask for ideas or save images that are not directly downloadable.
You may also like: Best Free PDF Editor Software
Why do you need FREE SCREEN CAPTURE SOFTWARES?
Although the computer has a built-in screen storage feature, it is quite limited because it only helps temporary storage. Since then, the software has emerged to address the needs of more advanced use, assisting the users to perform operations that are not available by the computer. Hoping to make your search easier, we have compiled 15 of the best free screen capture software available today.
Snagit is a product of TechSmith Software Company, one of the most famous software companies in the world. With the everyday needs of users today, Snagit is one of the best free screen capture software. Moreover, it has the most basic and convenient tools for editing images after capture.
- Allows users to preview a zoomed image where the mouse pointer hovers over;
- It provides several image editing tools, such as cropping or applying effects to images;
- It works on both macOS and Windows;
- Quick toolbars are very convenient while editing..
- Video capture is not sufficient;
- Only support a few popular languages.
Snipping tool is a program that belongs to Windows Vista and higher versions, meaning it is the default program of Windows PC. Therefore, you will not need to install any additional applications on your computer if you are using a Windows PC. This free screen capture software is quite easy to use and convenient for primary purposes.
- Available on Windows PC and is an easy to use and convenient tool
- Can use a crayon or highlighter on screenshots;
- It enables screen capture modes as Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and Full-screen Snip.
- Only support for storing some basic formats;
- Image retention is a bit time-consuming.
FastStone Capture is not a free app, but it has a free version for users to use for a specific time. This software also gets rated as one of the best screen capture software for capturing and editing images after capture. With the features from basic to advanced, the user is delighted with what it has to offer.
- Provides essential functions such as capturing images, resizing, cropping and inserting watermarks into images;
- Allows saving captured images in various formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and PDF;
- Can launch on removable devices such as iPod, USB Flash drive, etc.
- The free version does not last long, and you have to pay a fee of $ 19.95 for lifetime use;
- Restrictions in video capture format (.WMV only).
Also provided by TechSmith, Jing has now become a popular name among global users. An exciting feature of Jing is that the captured images are shared directly on screencast.com. It is an impressive feature of the world-famous software company.
- Is free software, available on both Mac and Windows;
- Allow to share photos quickly;
- The interface is designed to be user-friendly and very easy to use;
- · Very limited on the photo editing features captured.
Skitch is a reasonably popular software, developed and introduced by EverNote. Surely you also know the name EverNote is a technology company famous for note-taking applications. Regarding Skitch, users prefer to use it because of the convenience of the tools it provides and the friendly interface. It is an impressive product from EverNote.
- Completely free for both Mac and Windows;
- There is an advantage in highlighting or inserting comments in images;
- There are both mobile apps, for both Android and iOS;
- Friendly design, neat and easy to use.
- There is no video capture feature;
- Restrictions in the format of the captured image.
If you are looking for a tool that has more functions in using and editing captured images, Greenshot is the perfect choice for you. It is a software that solves many of the limitations mentioned above. It provides a lot of tools to capture images most smoothly.
- Greenshot is free software and an open-source program, something that many people like;
- Provides multiple capabilities to capture images such as “Capture region,” “Capture the last region,” “Capture fullscreen,” “Capture Window”;
- Support 26 languages.
- · The interface is primary and a bit boring for the user.
Developed by MangoApps, TinyTake is excellent software in the world. Currently, the application has been used in more than 7500 companies worldwide, showing the reliability of businesses in this software. Overall, this is a pretty useful product for screen capture windows, especially in office work.
- Is a free tool that allows capturing both images and videos;
- Let us use the webcam during the capture process;
- Allows store images and videos captured in many formats;
- It is a useful tool for editing captured images with functions such as blur, resize, crop, highlight or inserts comments.
- · Not effective at capturing and editing videos after capturing.
Lightshot belongs to a list of the most accessible screen capture software you should try. Overall, it offers the same screen capture functionality as other software but is much easier to use. Overall, fast, easy and convenient is the advantage of this software.
- Manipulating screen capture quickly, with just 2 clicks
- During the screen capture, you can also edit a copy of it.
- Automatically upload images to cloud storage for sharing
- The quality of the captured image is quite good.
- · Does not support video recording of screen activities.
Screenpresso is also quite popular software today. Screenpresso users like to use it because of its simplicity but still showing professionalism in operation. In particular, for training programs, Screenpresso will be a useful tool for you in the production of documents.
- Provides many features to edit images after capturing with arrows, colourful bubbles, text boxes, ellipses etc.;
- Supports a variety of captured image storage formats;
- Support 19 languages.
- Does not support outdated version computers;
- Not wholly free (Premium version costs € 89 per user).
Screenshot Captor is a straightforward image capture software. With the ability to capture images well, this software is also accessible if they do not care much about its simple interface. The advantage of this software is that it takes up less computer space and still meets the needs of screen capture and related needs of users.
- Captured images can be zoomed up to 999% and still easily see the pixels;
- Additional special effects such as borders, shadow effects, frames, and blur effects are available for the captured images;
- Can capture from a webcam.
- Outdated interface;
- Not support screen recording.
If you need to edit an image after capturing it with more features, then you should consider SnapDraw. It is a software that captures and edits images after taking them with a lot of useful tools. The features that it offers to users are diverse and meet most of their essential needs.
- The program is convenient and straightforward to use;
- Various image editing tools, with many special effects such as background, borders, fading reflections;
- The image quality is quite high.
- · Does not support screen recorder.
Gadwin PrintScreen is also relatively easy to use software for users. The advantage of this software is that the manipulations are designed to be simple, easy to use and fast in the process. Therefore, users should prefer it if they only need to perform a necessary screen capture.
- Easy to install and launch the program;
- Support many forms of capture;
- Export images with six formats.
- Does not support video record;
- There are not many photo editing modes available.
If you are a fan of lightweight applications for your computer, Steam is one of the software that you should use. Steam allows for necessary screen capture, not too complicated to use. Overall, this is a pretty ideal product for primary users. Notably, this software is quite useful for gameplay recording.
- Suitable for gameplay recording;
- Supports multiple platforms like Windows, Mac and Linux;
- Automatically save images to local memory.
- · Restrictions on-screen capture and image editing.
PicPick is yet another tool belonging to the group of the most effective photo editing tools with lots of post-capture editing tools. Most of its tools meet the essential and slightly harder needs of the user. It is also one of my favourite software.
- Image editing after capture effectively with many tools like color picker, protractor, brightness, color contrasts and pixel ruler;
- No installation required.
- · Store photos temporarily.
In capturing images, SnapCrab is not very popular, but it is still a useful tool in some instances. It even allows users to perform basic operations such as screen capture, saving images in different formats. Although not very strong in photo editing, it has the advantage of editing usage.
- Allows editing of screen capture methods
- Provides self-time feature, which helps you to capture the screen at a predetermined time automatically.
- Only support windows platform
- It is not useful to edit the image after saving
In general, many tools allow you to capture screens with many related features. For you to quickly learn and choose software that suits your needs, we have compiled the top best tools today. Hopefully, with this article, you can find the Best Free Screen Capture Software for your needs and minimize the hassle of missing tools like this one. Follow us for useful information. Have a great day!